Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Some acting experience.

  

Now see here, Miller . . .

I got hooked on acting while working with Desert Players Community Theatre, in Neil Simon's "California Suite. I was Sidney, the gentleman from England. When I got a large audience reaction (laughter, thank God) to a funny line, it was like a drug. I don't have any clear photos of that. It didn't occur to me that I would later wish I did. While I enjoyed acting, I found that I was better at designing and building sets than I was at walking and talking on stage! The director for this show worked us hard, wanting two grown guys really angry at each other. My blood pressure went way up every time!
  At left and  below, Catalina Players Theater, Eugene Oneil's "Ah, Wilderness" (Mr. McComber) with Hal Melfi as Nat Miller


 
     As Pap, owner of the soda shop and clueless chief soda jerk,                                  Pap, as narrator 
       Catalina Players, with Ann Butman and Leslie Boll .                  
     
Senor Sanchez, "Cactus Flower", 
Desert Players, with Susan Neuman
 As Senor Sanchez, Desert Players "Cactus Flower"
As Phil, in Daniel Sullivan's "Inspecting Carol", Desert Players Theatre

Last five photos from "Polonius Waits" by Hal Melfi. Throne photo with 
Barbara Saris, spiral stair with Hal Melfi as Polonius. Consulted on set 
design, designed and built practical stair and tower

 Loud old guy, from  David Auburn's "Fifth Planet",
Beowulf Alley Theatre Company. My last acting job, except for some 
Old Time Radio on stage performances at Beowulf.

No comments:

Post a Comment